As a designated Area Agency on Aging, SWCAA is a pass through funding source for federal and state dollars for the elderly in the fourteen-town area of southwestern Connecticut. SWCAA awards grants and contracts to community agencies to provide supportive services for community adults aged 60 and older through an annual Request for Proposals process.
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) are issued in mid to late February for all services except nutrition. On occasion, RFPs for special projects may be offered at other times. RFPs are posted on this website. Notice of the posting is sent to those on the SWCAA RFP mailing list.
- One or more technical assistance sessions are scheduled.
- An application due date is scheduled in late April. Applications are not accepted after this date.
- Site visits to new programs may be scheduled.
- Applications are reviewed by SWCAA Allocations Committees during May and June.
- Awards are made and announced in late June.
- Grant awards for most funded projects run October 1 through September 30.
- For additional details, go to the Grantee Resources page to access SWCAA’s Policy and Procedure Manual.
NUTRITION APPLICATION PROCESS
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for congregate meals, home-delivered meals, nutrition education, and nutrition counseling are issued every three years utilizing the Elderly Nutrition Program Procurement Process.
- Nutrition RFPs, application, and supporting materials are posted at CT Association of Area Agencies on Aging.
- An RFP for FY 2017 through FY 2019 was issued in January 2016. The estimated date for the next issuance of nutrition RFPs is January 2019.
For more information or to be added to the SWCAA mailing list to receive notice of postings of Requests for Proposals, contact Gretchen James.